Welcome to The Linux Community Forum powered by Simple Machines® Forum (SMF) software!
SMF is the elegant, effective, powerful and free forum software solution that this site is running. It allows users to communicate in discussion topics on a given subject in a clever and organized manner. Furthermore, end users can take advantage of a number of powerful features that it has. Help for many of SMF's features can be found by clicking the question mark icon next to the relevant section. Alternatively, selecting one of the links on this page will take you to SMF's centrally-located documentation on the Simple Machines official site.
- Registering - Many forums require users to register to gain full access.
- Logging In - Once registered, users must login to access their account.
- Profile - Each member has their own personal profile.
- Search - An extremely helpful tool for finding information in posts and topics.
- Posting - Allows users to express themselves which is the whole point of a forum.
- Bulletin Board Code (BBC) - Posts can be spiced up with a little BBC.
- Personal Messages - Users can send personal messages to each other.
- Member List - Shows all the members of the forum.
- Calendar - Users can keep track of events, holidays and birthdays.
- Features - A list of the most popular features in SMF.
Please see the Simple Machines Documentation Wiki for more information on how to use SMF and check out the credits to find out who has made SMF what it is today.