Author Topic: [SOLVED] Removing last character of filename (Batch)  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Mad Penguin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Linux in the UK
    • Awards
Re: [SOLVED] Removing last character of filename (Batch)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 01:23:14 AM »
Xoom is elsewhere .. :)  This is a new Android box .. :)

Sent from my rk30sdk using Tapatalk HD

Offline Mad Penguin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Linux in the UK
    • Awards
Re: [SOLVED] Removing last character of filename (Batch)
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 02:07:54 AM »
Ok, this is what my device looks like, Android 4.1, dual core processor (very quick) cost is £39.99, you can just see it sticking out of the left side of the telly .. (plugs directly into the HDMI port).

Summary review:
  • Seems to address most / all of the problems listed in the older model (see previous review)
  • Quick, more processor cores, more memory, can't stress the speed difference enough
  • Seems to have DRM options built in (newer Android)
  • BBC Player, and ITV Player now work well
  • Even Cheaper @ £39.99
Only issues I've had this far are (a) no power supplied, needs a USB power supply. Initially I plugged it into the Telly's USB port, which worked but caused reboots every minute, but using the old Android media player's USB port solved that  (!) , now using the USB transformer from a Nexus 4, that works fine. And (b) there's only one USB port on this one, so you'll need a combined wireless mouse + keyboard, separate won't do you any good (!)

http://www.justop.com/catalog/audio-and-video/media-players-en/justop-k9-mk809-android-4.1-jelly-bean-tv-stick-mini-pc.html

I know it's cheaper than the other model, and I know the other model looks "slicker" and comes with two USB ports and comes with a remote control (no remote with this one!) but it performs maybe 4x better than the other model - so if you're going for one of these, make sure you get the mk809!

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal