Author Topic: How to destroy Openmediavault in 1 easy step (Solved)  (Read 4522 times)

Offline SeZo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to destroy Openmediavault in 1 easy step
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »
OK then.
One other option would have been to create a smaller partition on your 80 gb drive and do the backup there.

Offline Emegra

• Devilishly Handsome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »
I have one particularly large drive connected to the NAS that is used only to back up all other drives so it makes sense to put it there, at least that's where I would like to keep it

It's very slow but I think that's because I have a wireless connection, Mark did warn me it would be slow.

So at the expense of pushing my luck can you tell me why it worked by manually typing the path rather than selecting from a drop-down list, and is it fixable  ?

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs, then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline SeZo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 08:31:32 pm »
So at the expense of pushing my luck can you tell me why it worked by manually typing the path rather than selecting from a drop-down list, and is it fixable  ?

I cannot be sure (it was a pure guesswork on my part) but I had a similar experience where (accidentaly) I set up the fixed IP address onto a wrong (different) subnet from my usual subnet example 10.0.1.25 instead of 10.0.0.25. To cut it short
I was not able to make use of the DNS server but could ping the IP addess of another machine across the subnets.

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:06 pm »

As SeZo suggests .. if you typed in the IP instead of going with the server name in the path .. then DNS isn't working (it may be a setting in the Redo network manager, or it could be your router)

Kinda odd that it would discover the path by hostname though ???
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'

logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Offline Emegra

• Devilishly Handsome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »

As SeZo suggests .. if you typed in the IP instead of going with the server name in the path .. then DNS isn't working (it may be a setting in the Redo network manager, or it could be your router)

Kinda odd that it would discover the path by hostname though

Well if you guys don't completely understand it what chance have I got, but the important thing is it works and I'm happy with that

So I think all's left for me is to thank you and SeZo for your help once again and mark this solved :)

Graeme

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:54:33 am by Emegra »
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs, then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »
For my part .. you're welcome :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'

logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal