You can help the war on SPAM by reporting in when you get it, here's how;
1. Visit http://www.spamcop.net/
2. Each time you get some spam, view a 'raw' copy of the email
3. Copy it to your clipboard (Select, then Ctrl+C)
4. Visit SpamCop and select "Report SPAM"
5. Paste the email into the box provided (Ctrl+V)
6. Click "Process Spam"
7. Wait for 10 secs, then confirm your entry
May be a bit of a pain, but the more people do this, the better the anti-spam relays get and the fewer you'll see.
- "and" it's very "rewarding" in an "I've just reported your SPAM you tossers" kind of way ...
.. to benefit from this, make sure you're using an email provider who implements RBL's, (Spamcop's in particular).
[yes, @..linux.co.uk uses Spamcop!