Never tried that but yesterday I did try dropping my Samsung Galaxy down the toilet (accidentally I might add) my conclusions are don't try this at home folks
Take it apart and put it in a bowl of rice (uncooked) for 24 hours and it should draw all the moisture out.
Evaporating tap water from an electronic device will likely kill it .. any kind of flood damage (including clean tap water) will likely leave behind mineral residues .. if it hasn't already died from a short circuit it needs to be washed in distilled water first .. THEN dried.
This is exactly why you see the black box from a plane that's crashed in water being taken away on a bucket of water .. they CANNOT be allowed to dry before washing with distilled water (or even better a mild solvent that's designed for the purpose).
Now there's a piece of info you'll likely never use
But that rice thing is an old wives tale, and no different to evaporation through warming .. and most definitely shouldn't be done to delicate electronics such as a phone that's been dropped in the bog.
General rule of thumb is to immediately remove the battery (if possible), keep them wet
preferably in a distilled water bath, and seek professional advice .. but at the VERY least wash in distilled water before drying.
Your other option is to take the opportunity to test my blender theory