Author Topic: The $5 Omega2 Board Surges Past Stretch Goal, Packs Punch for IoT Dev  (Read 425 times)

Offline hammondr

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sharing an interesting article: http://makezine.com/2016/08/16/5-omega2-board-surges-past-stretch-goal-packs-punch-iot-dev/

"Onion?s new Omega2 Kickstarter campaign has already seen tremendous success, and still has time to go. Omega2, the $5 Linux Internet of Things (IoT) computer upgrade from Onion?s Omega, has already raised over $300,000, smashing its $15,000 goal. The single-board computer is highly flexible, as it is backwards compatible with Omega, has Arduino plugins, and features on-board Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for total connectivity.

Onion developed the Omega single-board computer platform specifically for building connected hardware applications. After the tremendous success of Omega, Onion went back to the drawing board and created Omega2, which offers more RAM and storage than the original, at a fifth of the price. At $5, Onion is fulfilling its mission to make hardware development easy and affordable for everyone."

Online Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
Re: The $5 Omega2 Board Surges Past Stretch Goal, Packs Punch for IoT Dev
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:23:06 am »
Normally I wouldn't allow blatant advertising, but as it's handy for Linux enthusiasts and is a kickstart project as opposed to a current commercial venture I'm going to allow it.

Caveat .. if this prompts a ton of other kickstart projects to see this forum as free advertising space I'll shut it down.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:24:54 am by Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec) »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal