Perm 40 -50 k
If you are a skilled and entusiastic x86 based Linux Kernel developer, then we would like to meet you.
Someone who can contribute to the lower-level areas of a virtualization platform. This is an opportunity to work on the tools that are used to build clouds.
Based in Cambridge Science Park. We maintain many contacts with the university and other hi-tech companies in Silicon Fen, so you can be assured of a vibrant working atmosphere full of interesting people.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Linux and will be confortable tackling low level code in both the kernel and user space, capable of optimizing memory management of modern x86 platforms and with the potential to help develop the next iteration of the hypervisory. Responsibilities are varied typically including; participating in the design and development of new features; debugging of any issues that may be complex in nature and span multiple components; enhancing the product by identifying and implementing improvements in areas of fragile code; and representing the development team on open source mailing lists.
• A highly competent developer working in C; with x 86 assembler desirable
• Strong Experience with Linux kernel development
• Good knowledge and understanding of the x86 architecture
• Understanding of operating system development and implementation
• A good understanding of software engineering and development practrices
• Able to produce clear and thoughtful software designs and communicate these to others, internally and externally
• A general understanding of virtualization technologies is desirable
• Experience developing device drivers for an x86 platform
• Experience developing a hypervisory would be a strong advantage
• Candidates should have plenty of prior Linux development experience, preferably in an enterprise or datacentre environment rather than working with embedded systems
• Bachelor's degree preferred (ideally in computer science), though strong candidates without a degree will be considered
• Experience collaborating on open source software projects would also be an advantage
If this role is of interest then please contact me via LinkedIn http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-porter/25/531/935. (http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-porter/25/531/935.)
We also pay up to £1000 referral fees for successfully placed candidates so please forward anyone you know who may be interested.
I am from India and living in UK from last 1+ year. I am very much interested in latest technologies. Consumer electronics is the field that attracts me. I want to contribute to this field. I want to work as a software developer. My skills are C programming and vxworks/linux/RTOS.
I want to do this work as a hobby for a firm. I am not behind money. I just want to learn and make something surprising. If you want to discuss further with me please contact at [email protected]