Updates:

Forums updated to SMF version 2.1.1

Best internal private team chat software for Linux

Started by srimaxsoftware, January 13, 2018, 08:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srimaxsoftware

Which is the Best internal private team chat software for Linux?

Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

Do you mean just over a LAN or the interweb ?

Maybe Pidgin or Jitsi ?

or my old favourite (on a LAN) iptux .. though I haven't tested it in a while.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

Tramlink

I find jitsi works very well and you can also chat to people on windows or mac as it is multi-platform.

emegra

Quoteor my old favourite (on a LAN) iptux .. though I haven't tested it in a while.

iptux works great, I use it to chat with my grand-daughter even though we're in the same room on different PC's it's a good fun way to help her with her spelling and grammar

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

Cheers Graeme, I haven't tried it in recent distros so wasn't sure if it still worked .. good to hear it does :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

Rich J

Quote from: emegra on January 22, 2018, 07:01:37 PM
Quoteor my old favourite (on a LAN) iptux .. though I haven't tested it in a while.

iptux works great, I use it to chat with my grand-daughter even though we're in the same room on different PC's it a good fun way to help her with her spelling and grammar

Graeme

Hi Graeme!  Welcome back!  I'd searched for some old posts of yours from the distant past and noticed you hadn't posted in a long while?  Hope all is well with you and a belated Happy New Year to you!

Rich

emegra

QuoteHi Graeme!  Welcome back!  I'd searched for some old posts of yours from the distant past and noticed you hadn't posted in a long while?  Hope all is well with you and a belated Happy New Year to you!

Thank you Rich it's good to be back, and a belated Happy New Year to you too and all my other friends here :)

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation