Job Location GB-Bracknell
Riverbed is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that work as advertised. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With the Riverbed Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe
About this Position:
The primary responsibility for the Escalation Engineer is to manage technical issues for our clients especially in the area WAN optimization. Thorough understanding of the customers environment and the ability to provide expert advice and advanced troubleshooting problem resolution steps are essential. The position requires a good routing and switching knowledge. Many of the problem scenarios require a deep understanding of TCP/IP and additional protocol knowledge beneficial [HTTP, SSL, CIFS, MAPI, EXCHANGE, NTFS.....], advanced Linux knowledge is a plus. You will work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers delivering World-Class customer support for our market leading product Steelhead.
• Previous vendor support experience – desirable
• Knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment, knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies
• Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
• Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking
• Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and Wireshark
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls, RAID
• Experience with UNIX/Linux, scripting is a plus.
• IT experience, knowledge in one of the technology sectors: - Application Architectures & Performance Management, Storage & Infrastructure Management or Network Infrastructure
• Cisco network certification (CCNA, CCNP) & Microsoft Certified Professional (MCITP, MCSA, MCSE) desirable or looking to future certify
• Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
• Keep customers/partners regularly informed of problem investigation, and resolution throughout support case lifecycle.
Riverbed prides itself on delivering an exceptional customer experience; come and join a team that's proud of its high level of Customer Satisfaction. Please apply at https://international-riverbed.icims.com/jobs/3757/escalation-support-engineer/job?mode=view (https://international-riverbed.icims.com/jobs/3757/escalation-support-engineer/job?mode=view) or contact Mr. Tom Sander ([email protected]
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today's top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine's 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com (http://www.riverbed.com).
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.