Updates:

Forums updated to SMF version 2.1.1

Ubuntu 10.10. Oh well, that's it then!

Started by Toonman, April 11, 2012, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonman

Just received the message that Ubuntu 10.10 is not going to be supported anymore.  Shame, I like the layout.  :(

Will probably install Peppermint like I have on my Netbook.  Problem is I am starting an online business shortly and wonder how Peppermint will react with online servers etc.   

I know you are going to say.....Won't make any difference!
Well it might.
Tethered devices to one of my smartphones only works with Ubuntu 10.04 +
Also the hosting company was told that I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

I am sure that if I get any problems there will be somebody here to help:)
Life is for living.  RIP Keith Floyd.   ;)

Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

QuoteI know you are going to say.....Won't make any difference!

I wouldn't dream of saying that .. though with "online" services I'd doubt if there will be any major problems, it really depends on what the services are ? .. at this point there are no guarantees .. but there is help ;)

I'd suggest you wait for Peppermint 3, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and Linux Mint 13 before evaluating any of them .. as support for 11.04 (and therefore Peppermint 2) won't last much longer either.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

BkS

I plan to upgrade to Peppermint 3 on my lappy, Ubuntu 12.04 on my brothers lappy and Ubuntu 12.04 Server for the NAS.

It seems Natty is already "old" and near the end of it's life cycle which is a real shame, because IMO that was a great distro that had a few faults. Ok, many faults, but if Natty is old, than that means Karmic is ancient and Feisty, Dapper & Edgy is literally non-existent. 
If you try to look through Windows, you can see what the person is doing.
If you try to look through a Penguin, it WILL bite you.

Toonman

Thanks Gentlemen.
Thinking of Peppermint so I will wait for version 3.  I have taken to it on my little netbook (version 2) so I think that could be the direction.

Life is for living.  RIP Keith Floyd.   ;)

BkS

Well you only have another 2 weeks to wait until 12.04 is released. So I'd just hold out until then. :)
If you try to look through Windows, you can see what the person is doing.
If you try to look through a Penguin, it WILL bite you.