Author Topic: Apple slave labour!!!  (Read 3704 times)

Emegra

Re: Apple slave labour!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 10:10:29 am »
I know from a previous conversation that Mark rekons he makes the best curry in Cornwall but thats just HIS opinion isn't it :)

Graeme

Offline prosperkatula

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Love
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 11:14:35 am »
lets differentiate between apple workers & workers of other companies who manufacture products on behalf of apple. if i subcontract work am i responsible for the working conditions of my subcontractor.

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 12:01:00 pm »
Erm, YES if you know about it .. otherwise it's purely a "pass the buck" exercise.

Sticking with that supplier is to perpetuate the situation, and surely makes Apple at the very least "complicit", so why should they be absolved of responsibility ?

If it were criminal law we were talking here, they'd be a knowing accomplice and as guilty as the primary perpetrator .. would they not ?

Try telling a court you bear no responsibility for the brand new 50" plasma TV you got for £2 from your "supplier" .. and see if they'll absolve you of any responsibility for his "business practices" ;)

Whether it's ethically right or wrong for western companies to use cheap foreign resources/labour is another question .. but YES, if/when there's a known "issue" and you choose to take part, you also bear responsibility.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:05:11 pm by Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec) »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal