Author Topic: CF card file permissions a Epson Picturemate (SOLVED)  (Read 5215 times)

Emegra

Re: CF card file permissions on a Epson Picturemate
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 09:09:51 pm »
ok just to update I've created a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications and it's now in the menu under system tools-epson printers

I've got the scaling sorted it was the settings in gnome image viewer was set to A4 I changed it to 6x4 borderless it's still slightly overscanned on the vertical and shows a border on the horizontal (down each side)

I don't want to waste any more paper and ink trying to make this any better it prints perfect prints directly off the printer and now I can add & delete files on the CF card without having to move it to the PC and back so I'm happy with that

The only other thing that doesn't work is bluetooth if I try to send a file to the printer via bluetooth it times out this also happens if I try to send with my android phone but if you think it could be a nightmare to sort I'm happy to leave it as well

Once again many thanks for your help

Graeme

Emegra

Re: CF card file permissions a Epson Picturemate (SOLVED)
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »
Sorry Mark looks like I spoke too soon the Epson-Printer-Utility has stopped working it just flashes up for a second or two the shuts down

running it from the terminal gives me this error

Code: [Select]
graeme@Linux1 ~ $ /opt/epson-printer-utility/bin/epson-printer-utility

(epson-printer-utility:23753): GLib-ERROR **: Creating pipes for GWakeup: Too many open files

Trace/breakpoint trap
graeme@Linux1 ~ $

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
Re: CF card file permissions a Epson Picturemate (SOLVED)
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »
Maybe it's broken, and that's why there's no menu item .. or maybe it's not supposed to be accessed this way, I don't know enough about epson drivers and utils to know.

if you don't need it, I'd just not use it.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal