Author Topic: Slow booting on Linux Mint  (Read 684 times)

Offline caitriona

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Slow booting on Linux Mint
« on: March 07, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »
Hey there.....

I installed Mint on my 2008 Macbook a few weeks ago... so far, so good - i really like it.
The only thing thats annoying me is the time it takes to boot... 3 minutes and more.

As suggested by another user i post the output of the critical chain and blame...

Can somebody please help me to fasten it up? :D

the output of fstab is this:

# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
UUID=1f5c9b44-1296-441e-b84e-a87a0380015d /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /home was on /dev/sda3 during installation
UUID=28c86743-cd09-4a50-b8a3-114865515b2c /home           ext4    defaults        0       2
# swap was on /dev/sda2 during installation
UUID=3fe842cb-e716-47b1-86da-cc0bfcf8e14e none            swap    sw              0       0

thanks, Cathrine
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:26:46 pm by caitriona »

Online Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
Re: Slow booting on Linux Mint
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:27:33 pm »
Hi caitriona, and welcome to the forum :)

Can you please not post terminal output (or anything else) as attachments unless specifically asked to do so by site admin.

I've had to delete your attachments in line with forum policy, so can you please post that output again, but this time paste the output directly into your response as you did with the fstab contents above.

TIA :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

Offline Trayo

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Slow booting on Linux Mint
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:55:08 pm »
Hi Mark,

I have given up trying to install any distro of linux on this PC (which I bought this December gone). I am watching an i5 laptop on ebay which came with Win 7 pre installed which I am thinking of buying just to be able to use Liunux on. I have some degree of trust in him saying that it has only been used as a second laptop, as he deals in Bugatti, BMW, Mercedes and others, spare parts. Plus in the five or more pics the laptop looks clean and hardly used. for £224 or best offer. I will keep looking round ebay to put others in my watch list before comitting to buy in the next few weeks.

Anyway thanks for now I will be on Liux soon. Trayo.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal