Author Topic: acer one running peppermint 06 how to use expansion port to increase disk size  (Read 11818 times)

Offline normanliddle

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
As a newbie to Linux how do I use the left hand SD card reader to expand the ssd drive size on an Acer zg5 ? Any help would be gratefully. Accepted.

Offline SeZo

• View Profile
    • Awards
See if the instructions here (go to 'Stage 8') help:
https://linuxforums.org.uk/index.php?topic=10313.0

Offline Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec)

• Administrator
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
    • Awards
I don't think that fix is necessary any more SeZo, I also don't **think** that's what the OP meant, I **think* he meant using something like a union file system such as aufs to layer the SDcard over /home

But the easiest method for just "user" files (storage) would probably be something like this:
https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,1835.0.html
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root'
logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.
pcnetspec.co.uk

Offline SeZo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks Mark for pointing that out... :-[

Offline normanliddle

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well thanks to all you guys that have answered this query. Please note I cannot even use use your forum as I have never been on one in my life.
What language are you using? Just joking I think? As a windows user for 45 years how little I know. Don't even know where the file manager is in pepper 06. Shall have a look asap. Another !ittle foible I've found is I'm answering you on a huddle 1 android but when I log onto the peppermint
Forum on my Acer one with an (8 gigabits ssd) I can't even find my query? Must be me? Thanks again for all the trouble you have gone to to answer my query. I will no doubt be in touch with you again. Yours sincerely Norman liddle

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal