Author Topic: Isthis possible  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Jeff Corbett

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Isthis possible
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »

Hi Folks,

Well, I grasped the nettle and re-formatted the Acer hard drive. Windoze Vista now disappeared, gone forever. Then I went through the Linux loading procedure again and  - Bingo - its all Linux now. With oodles of free disk-space, fast running apps, all that stuff that was promised. Brill. So here I am saying to everyone that helped out a great big THANK YOU! Without your friendly assistance and encouragement I would not have attempted this transition and the improvement in performance is remarkable. I've now tried running Zoom under Linux and it works really well with little or no latency. With my Windows10 machine (which has 4x as many cores as the Acer and runs at twice the speed) the latency interferes significantly with any attempt at simultaneous performance. Jamming sessions with my guitar buddies are definitely out. Its really only good for 'show and tell' sessions on that machine. A complete contrast when compared with this little old Linux machine. I am SO pleased. Gentlemen, I salute you.

Now my learning curve must really start 'cos I still need to set up things like e-mail servers, contact lists. internet favorites etc., so I'll be back with more questions I'm sure. Linux is opening new horizons for me faster than I can think. Thank you all of you once more.........

Best Regards,

Jeff C.

Offline Keith

• Global Moderator
  • Linux Novice
  • Awards Contributor Of The Month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Isthis possible
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 07:15:22 pm »
Our pleasure, Jeff  8)    Glad it worked out for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal