Author Topic: Can anyone help me with lutris?  (Read 210 times)

Offline Markgreatrex

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Can anyone help me with lutris?
« on: October 28, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »

Hi everyone, i've been trying to get itunes running on ubuntu and have had no success until now, but have finally got it to work with ubuntu gamepack and lutris.

But now after following the setup screens for installing itunes, lutris will not finish installing. So everytime i want to use itunes i have to reinstall it. I have found one post on the internet that told me to kill the wine processes, this does work, but then when i try to open itunes again it instantly crashes. I realise apple programs have a lot of compatabilty problems with linux, but thought it would work if it already has a lutris script written.Has anyone come across this orproblem with lutris or have any idea where to go to get help to fix it? cant seem to figure it out from a google search, i'm still pretty new to linux.i really dont want to give up on it as i would love to use linux full time if this was working.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks Guys

Mark

Offline Keith

• Global Moderator
  • Linux Novice
  • Awards Contributor Of The Month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Can anyone help me with lutris?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:37 pm »
Hello Mark - and welcome to the Forum.

You might consider using PlayOnLinux.  It is based on Wine (internally) and might be easier to use.  Have a look at https://www.playonlinux.com/en/.  As far as I an tell it doesn't require extra s/w to work. 
I have no experience of it myself so can't offer any further advice on it. 

Keith

The Linux Community Forum

Re: Can anyone help me with lutris?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:37 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal