Author Topic: Keyboard and mouse problems  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Rich J

• Global Moderator
  • Still a Linux Luvvie!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Keyboard and mouse problems
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 07:58:03 am »
Thanks Keith,

I disabled Adblock Plus for the CCL site and things got a bit better, as in links actually working, but now I keep getting 'page not found' errors. I find it hard to see that as anything but shoddy website design/maintenance.

When I said "That makes me worry about Linux compatibility.." I meant with CCL's systems. They seem very Microsoft-centric. Maybe David was just lucky that his works...

Try clearing your browser history and cache and re-send the request to the site. 

A computer build - bare-bones - is just that.  The architecture will accept any operating system installed upon it.  The fact that CCL are Microsoft-biased just means they won't be able to advise on the OS installed as they don't support Linux (their loss!) but there is plenty of support online, both here and a thousand other places.  ;)  A look at my own build specs might help .......

https://linuxforums.org.uk/index.php?topic=13593.msg110406#msg110406

Offline Keith

• Global Moderator
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 11:38:28 am »
I echo Rich's assessment re CCL.

I disabled Adblock Plus for the CCL site and things got a bit better, as in links actually working, but now I keep getting 'page not found' errors. I find it hard to see that as anything but shoddy website design/maintenance.

When you say "keep getting 'page not found' errors" do you mean that most pages are not found or just a few on several websites?  Shoddy website maintenance is common, so don't be surprised by that, but I get very much less than 1% of pages not found. 

Ad blockers shouldn't block the whole site.  I use the Privacy Badger Add-on provided free by the Electronic Frontiers Foundation.  It's very good and will tell you precisely what it's blocking and why.  If a whole site is actually being blocked then there is probably a good reason for it - Firefox is good at that. 

Keith

The Linux Community Forum

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 11:38:28 am »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal