Updates:

Many new features now available including 2-Factor authentication

too big margin in Twenty-twenty Theme (TT): how to solve this?

Started by rincon, December 29, 2021, 12:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

dear Brian00, dear Keith,  :)

first of all ; many many thanks for being member of this great forum. i am glad.
I hope that you have had great season-holiday so far. And i also hope that your hopetown is dealing well with the covic-pandemic situation and you are well.

update: the weird width has to do with the page-width: see below.
the weird width has to do with the page-width: i have set the template to have an adequate container width ( Full Width Template ),

and all worked well.  :)

at the moment i am really puzzled about something.

i have set WordPress-site with a gutenberg block in the theme twenty-twenty  -  i did it according to Mike Haydons manual
see: https://www.intelliwolf.com/how-to-make-a-four-column-layout-in-gutenberg/ "How To Make A multi Column Layout In Gutenberg"

Mike states:
QuoteTo make a x column layout in the WordPress Gutenberg editor, select the x column layout,
Start by choosing the "Columns" block. Assuming you want four equal columns, choose the three equal columns variation. It's the 66 / 33 one.

the question: how to set the width of the column!? Should i do this via Appearance/Simple Css?!
Some of my friends told me that this would be possible: 

see the image with the two column layout: 66,6 / 33,3 %

the column settings are quite worse

what makes me wonder is; why do i have

a. such a big border
b. see the margin  that i have here
c. note that i have added a wp-job-manager-plugin with some demo job-listings

all looks pretty awful and i wonder how to get a better  layout.
all the elements are centered in a very high grade - nothing is arranged - and i have a awesome big margin

how to solve this in the theme twenty-twenty (TT)

all looks pretty awful and i wonder how to get a better  layout.
all the elements are centered in a very high grade - nothing is arranged - and i have a awesome big margin

i love to hear from you

have a great day. - regards ;)

unfortunatly i am not able to add a image here or to (even better) upload an image.  here it is.

https://imgur.com/a/xlIaFH2

i look forward to hear from you -

have a great day.  - regards
yours Tanger  :)

the weird width has to do with the page-width: i have set the template to have an adequate container width ( Full Width Template ),

Keith

Hi Rincon.

I can't help you with Wordpress but I can tell you how to attach an image, or any other file. 

1. reduce your image size to less than about 200kBytes (very important)
2. Just below the text box where you write your text, you will see the words Attachments and other options.
3. click on that phrase (or the "+" box beside it) and scroll down a little.
4. then click on the "Browse" button, navigate to your chosen (reduced) file and click on it.
5. Done!

Your method of adding a link to were you have uploaded the file is good as it doesn't take up space on the Forum's server!
Hope this helps.

Keith

rincon

hello dear Keith

many many thanks for the reply - with your information and ideas regarding the image-upload.
great!

Note
: its allways a good idea to have the option to add some images to a story:
it helps to illustrate.

Awesome forum - i like this place very much.

greetings, Tanger

Keith

Hi Tanger.

I'm please that you've solved your problem.  If you are happy that it's all done, please edit the title of your first post on this topic by adding  [SOLVED] at the end.  This will help other people to find your solution.

Thank you.
    Keith