Author Topic: Connectivity lost using Microsoft keyboard and mouse (usb)  (Read 277 times)

Offline ysabella72

• I've just joined!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Connectivity lost using Microsoft keyboard and mouse (usb)
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:29:27 pm »
My keyboard continues to disconnect when it is not in use - while searching on the web or waiting for a command to run in the terminal it will "time out" disconnect.  I have searched many videos and forums and tried all the "fixes" but it continues to occur. Any suggestions aside from getting a wired key board?  The separate mouse and number pad continue to work but the keyboard will lose connectivity until I take the batteries out and put them back in - I am surprised the keyboard is working so well for me to type this up.

Offline Brian000

• RAID is not backup
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Connectivity lost using Microsoft keyboard and mouse (usb)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:38:23 pm »

Hi,

While I fear i won’t be able to provide any real help - What model is it and what distribution are you using?  And how far from your PC are you? 

I have used a few wireless keyboards - on Ubuntu Mint.
My first was an Accuratus Toughball2 - the keyboard was hit and miss, but the trackball was good
I’ve had a few cheap keyboard and mouse pads which actually worked quite well but were let down by their build quality
And i currently, use a Logitech k400+ which is good on batteries and works well.

All of these were always used about 2m away, with the dongle at the rear.  I got better reliable performance but moving the dongle to a USB extender (positioning it away from PC and monitor)

How old is you keyboard? It may be that newer models are just better!

The Linux Community Forum

Re: Connectivity lost using Microsoft keyboard and mouse (usb)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:38:23 pm »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal