Apple Charlatans

http://cirrusminor.info/2012/09/03/apple-charlatans/

My Blog

Hi cirrus and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I was just looking at your blog, and there’s some interesting articles on there … I like the look of that Android transporter for the RasPi :slight_smile:

I’ll need to look into that some more.

TY form the warm welcome Mark :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums cirrus!

Interesting blog! I like the article on the Arch screen timeout. I run Arch and I’ve just been putting up with the screen blanking but now I can fix it!

Thanks.

I have to agree with you cirrus on the Apple article. Also shared that article on my FB & Twitter :).

Kinda related to your blog post, El Reg just done an article covering yet more information on the new “iShine 5”.

It’s going to feature less Samsung components. Aptly Samsung’s memory chips are being binned, and Apple are turning to Toshiba, SK Hynix & Elpida Memory.

Add that with Sharp/LG manufacturing the screen for the iShine and you can see, Apple want rid of Samsung as their suppliers.

As someone pointed out, all dying dinosaurs when they can no longer go on the offensive (think innovate in Apples case), tend to just try and protect territory they already have.

This tactic never works … eventually they all get eaten by something that is strong enough to go on the offensive … and is only a delaying tactic.

Apple being childish, and stamping their feet … as ever ::slight_smile:

Let remember though, Apple is now one of thee richest computers now. Richer than Microsoft. :confused:

Money will only buy you protection for so long, when you can no longer innovate :stuck_out_tongue:

The road is littered with large rich companies that went under because they stood still.

IBM comes to mind, when you say that. NEC is another.