Connecting LINUX to BT Broadband

Can anyone tell me how to connect Linux to BT Broadband. Thanks

Are you connecting one computer directly, a wired network or via Wi-Fi?

First time on a Forum so excuse lack of knowledge. Thanks for replying. I have already connected BT to my main windows computer. The broadband connection is wireless through BTHub 3. I am trying to connect my small ASUS netbook to this network. Can you help. Thanks.

You have not said what version of Linux you are using?

Anyway there should be a network connection icon on the task bar. Right click the icon and enable networking and wireless .

Your computer should then find the network, you can then connect entering any required security key.

Hi - The version is 0910 - released 3 March 2008, pretty old. I have followed your instructions, but it still will not connect. When I try to connect it shows “pending” and when I enter into the details section, it shows lots of info, one in particular is “no working leases in persistent database - sleeping”. Am I wasting your time or is there a driver that I can download somehow to bring my software up to date? Thanks for your patience. Val

Perhaps I should have said what operating system (name) are you using e.g. Mint, Peppermint, red hat, Ubuntu ?

Is your windows PC connected by wireless or cable.

The information you sent sounds as if your computer is not getting an i.p. address from the BT Hub.

Is the BT Hub set to provide i.p addresses automatically to wireless clients.

Have a look here and see if it helps:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090222154611409&board_id=20&model=Eee+PC+901%2FLinux&page=1&SLanguage=en-usl

You could also try deleting any stored wireless connections and setting up the connection again … go to “Configure Network Connections” and toggle the “Manage” toolbar, delete ALL your stored connections and restart the computer … Now try searching and connecting to your network again.

Along with the Linux distribution, it may help if you state the exact model of ASUS netbook so we can see if there are any known issues.

What happens if you disable wireless security in the homehub (or change to WEP) ? … you can always re-enable it/change it back, I’m just wondering if this is something to do with WPA2 ?