Help making a simple server

hi, i am a new linux user and i am trying to connet to the internet via my mobile subscription. on my previous windows installation all i do is run a simple server program which executes the contents of a .ini file:

IMETHOD = 0
ISPLIT = 0
RHTTP = 0
TIMEOUT = 60
PHOST = ‘010.199.212.002’
RQUERY = ‘’
RPATH = 0
PTYPE = 0
KEEP = ‘’
BQUERY = ‘’
MQUERY = ‘’
RHTTPS = 1
PPORT = 8080
LPORT = 8080
VALHDR0 = ‘web.blackberry.com
VALHDR1 = ‘’
VALHDR2 = ‘’
VALHDR3 = ‘’
IQUERY = ‘web.blackberry.com
ADMODE = 0
CQUERY = ‘’
CUSHDR2 = ‘’
CUSHDR3 = ‘’
CUSHDR0 = ‘Host’
CUSHDR1 = ‘’
ILINE = 0
FQUERY = ‘’
SBUFF = 1024
RPORT = 0

please is there any way to make such a program or script on linux… i would really appreciate any help with that. thanks :slight_smile:

Are you saying your PC would connect to the phone, then use the phones internet connection ?
(tethering)

How does the PC connect to the phone (wirelessly or via USB)?

I take it the phone is a blackberry ?

yes its a blackberry… connected as a WiFi hotspot or via usb tethering

the type of phone involved doesn’t necessary matter actually… what matters i think… is that connections are routed through the BIS any phone with a blackberry internet subscription is sufficient as a modem.

all i do is change my pc proxy settings to 127.0.0.1:8080

what i would like help with is a program that enables me to use my BIS on my linux machine… its the only way i can connect to the internet from here. thanks

Excuse my ignorance, but what is BIS?

I think it’s this:-

Blackberry Internet Service (BIS)

I get the feeling he’s trying to tether the PC to his blackberry or use it as a hotspot, but for some reason it needs a proxy invloved … I can’t figure out where a proxy comes into it if it’s just acting as a wireless hotspot (but then this aint my thing).