Live Streaming online problems-SOLVED

Problem is with both my Mint Netbook ( which worked for it last night) and also my Peppermint laptop. I have to keep re loading.

Website of streaming says:
In order to ensure the necessary conditions on your computer/mobile device for smooth live streaming, please check your technical setup as follows:

You can use all major browsers. We recommend Google Chrome because it already contains the most current Flash Player and usually no configuration is necessary.
If you use another browser, please make sure that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed. If you are currently using an older version of Flash Player, please uninstall the old version first (follow Adobe's instructions) and close the browser afterwards. Then you can download the most current version separately in any major browser.
If you are using Google Chrome and still the video doesn’t show, proceed by:
    Type chrome:plugins in the address list to open the Plug-ins.
    Within the page scroll to the entry "Flash".
    Activate the Adobe Flash Player.

Please check your available bandwidth by performing a connectivity test:

Check your available bandwidth by using a speed test, e.g. [url=http://www.speedtest.net]www.speedtest.net[/url]. You need at least 850kbit/sec.

Clear the cache of your Internet browser.

Cache clear, adobe is fine- all other vids work etc. What can I do guys? Internet is fine.

Try right-clicking the playing flash stream (right-click on the actual playing video), and selecting “Settings”

then see if changing the setting for “Enable hardware acceleration”, or the amount of “local storage” makes any difference ?

It hasn’t got that Mark only to change the quality to a lower p- not sure what that means but that makes no difference- the live streaming is still buffering tonight too. The night before last worked fine on the netbook. I tried it on the laptop also and it is still buffering.

is this some kind of private stream, or can you post a link ?

I can post a link- only don’t laugh at it! :-[

http://braco-tv.me/livestream.jsp

There is one live stream on the hour- one is going right now.

OK, that was buffering like mad for me too in Firefox, but was OK in Chrome … have you tried it in Chrome ?

I haven’t got chrome- how can I get it without messing firefox up? I don’t know how to have 2 browsers.

What’s the output from:

uname -a

and

cat /etc/lsb-release

inux melissa-HP-Compaq-nx6325-RH628ES-ABU 3.2.0-60-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 19 03:55:18 UTC 2014 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
melissa@melissa-HP-Compaq-nx6325-RH628ES-ABU ~ $ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Peppermint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=3
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Peppermint Three”
melissa@melissa-HP-Compaq-nx6325-RH628ES-ABU ~ $

I’ve got something called Chromium and it has the Peppermint logo on it- is that what you mean?

OK, go here:

and click the “Download Chrome” button

on the next screen, put the dot in “32 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)”, then click the “Accept and Install” button.

Once downloaded, double-click on the “google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb” file so it opens in gdebi … then click the “Install Package” button.

Wait until it’s done.

You should then find Chrome at:-

menu > Internet > Google Chrome

[EDIT]

No, Chromium is the open source version of Chrome but it uses the same flashplayer as Firefox … so I doubt if it’ll behave any differently.

Chrome on the other hand has a built in flashplayer (pepperflash).

Well I have downloaded it and got Chrome on. Thanks- will test the site.

No, Chromium is the open source version of Chrome but it uses the same flashplayer as Firefox .. so I doubt if it'll behave any differently.

Chrome on the other hand has a built in flashplayer (pepperflash)

Yeah, tried it in Chromium last night- same probs as in Firefox. the live stream begins in a few mins, so will see how Chrome does…

OK…

Yes it’s working in Chrome thanks Mark! I’ll be back in half an hour or so to do the Mint netbook stuff.

Great stuff … you’re welcome :slight_smile: