Move icons from Message tray (bottom tray) to the Top Bar (From Tweaks)

I copied these commands;
sudo apt-get install git-core
cd
git clone GitHub - rcmorano/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications: GNOME Shell extension to provide a gnome2-like notifications/tray icons
sudo cp -r gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications@emergya.com /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/

and it wouldn’t perform the last one, something about a folder not there I think.
Any ideas?

Where did you get that from ?

And it’s impossible to sort these issues without the EXACT error message.

[EDIT]

Ahh, you got it from here:

?

Still need the exact error though.

OK, their last command is wrong, the whole thing should read:

sudo apt-get install git-core

then

cd ~

then

git clone https://github.com/rcmorano/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications.git

then

sudo cp -rv ~/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications/gnome-shell-classic-systray@emergya.com /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/

peter@Petes-ubuntu-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install git-core
[sudo] password for peter:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
git-core is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
python-bluez python-compizconfig compiz-plugins-main libswt-gnome-gtk-3-jni
libesd0 esound-common compiz-plugins timidity-daemon timidity libaudiofile0
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
peter@Petes-ubuntu-pc:~$ cd
peter@Petes-ubuntu-pc:~$ [b]git clone https://github.com/rcmorano/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications.git[/b]
fatal: destination path ‘gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications’ already exists and is not an empty directory.
peter@Petes-ubuntu-pc:~$ sudo cp -r gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications@emergya.com /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
cp: cannot stat `gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications/gnome-shell-gnome2-notifications@emergya.com’: No such file or directory

Here’s the BAD NEWS … even after fixing their commands … it STILL DOESN’T WORK … so I wouldn’t bother.

If I find a way to do it, I’ll post it here.

OK, I see I posted stuff for another thread, about sharing, don’t know how I got it here???

Re another post about orphaned packages, what about this stuff I’ve tried installing, what happens to it, is it just left there wasting space or does it get removed somehow?

Stuff you install manually in this manner will be left taking space … but it is VERY small.

you can delete the git directory from inside your home directory if you wish.

you can also manually delete the /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/gnome-shell-classic-systray@emergya.com directory if it is present … but there is no need, as I said it is VERY small … I also don’t think YOU ever got that far, so it’s probably not there.

as for the git-core package, uninstall it if you wish … or leave it in case you need it in the future … up to you.