ndiswrapper troubles

Hi guys.
I’ve recently installed Kubuntu (which I have never used before and so feel like I’m stumbling blind half the time) on an old Sony VAIO desktop and am trying to get my Netgear WG111T wireless dongle to work with it.

I installed ndiswrapper and followed this guide, which seemed to get everything running smoothly. The dongle worked and I was able to pick up my home WiFi. However when I rebooted the machine and tried again (this time without the ethernet cable I had temporarily borrowed from another machine) I had no luck. Jumping into Manage Connections I am no longer able to scan for WiFi networks, and the profile I saved from the first (successful) connection now no longer gives me the option to input the network key.

Basically I’m a bit stumped: either ndiswrapper isn’t coming on at bootup, or something else is the matter.

When I tried entering commands such as sudo ndiswrapper -m after the reboot, I now get the following message:
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it will be ignored in a future release.
module configuration already contains alias directive

Anyone got any ideas? (Please bear in mind I’m fairly new to Linux, and completely new to KDE)

Why are you using ndiswrapper… there is a Linux native driver for the WG111T:

http://linuxforums.org.uk/ubuntu/netgear-wg111t/