Open source will never die!

If any of you read the Tech news I’m sure you’ll be just as bored as I am of reading about such and such a company sueing another company for patent infringement and the like.

You may have also heard of Apples attempt to BAN Android from the US.

Do you think these companies hate the Open Source community because they are jealous that we are such handsome looking chaps and get all the Open Source loving girls??

Anyway, I was please to read this article stating that Samsung is throwing $500 000 into the Linux Foundation!

This generation donation will not only make Samsung a Platinum member of the Foundation but is a great statement to the world that companies are wanting Linux and no matter what ‘the others’ say it will never be silenced.

Samsung already uses Android on it’s range of smartphones and with new systems such as Tizen in the works I imagine some fancy new Samsung, Linux-based, gadgets will be on the horizon.

One more reason I love Samsung 8). I’ve always bought Samsung products, they just have a sense of great build quality, and last their intended life-cycle. Most of the time Samsung products are pretty cheap too!

Infact I just need to get this out there:

YES!!! COME ON YOU LEGEND!!! :smiley:

Alright I’m good now.

Anyway, like I was saying, I love Samsung products, my mobile (which is now dead) lasted me for 2 years (!) and had SUPERIOR battery life. I used it 24/7 and one charge would last me a week!

The mobile in topic btw is a Samsung Tocco Lite, the “early” generation touch-phones, that didn’t come with Android or BadaOS.

This news pleases me, and it’s a statement to Apple saying F U and your BS. I like that, I like that A LOT!

Samsung have class. ;D

Oh how i dream! I have a HTC Desire and would be lucky to have a charge last one day! Two if I don’t use it.

Yes, those days of long charge and now gone I’m afraid. Until Linus inserts his rectum into first gear, we’ll be plagued with the “battery life crisis” in the kernel.

Do you think these companies hate the Open Source community because they are jealous that we are such handsome looking chaps and get all the Open Source loving girls??

Setting the ground work for challenge a ?
:wink:

Maybe… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, like I was saying, I love Samsung products, my mobile (which is now dead) lasted me for 2 years (!) and had SUPERIOR battery life. I used it 24/7 and one charge would last me a week!

Tocco by any chance … the battery in my Tocco lasts a week plus … two if I don’t use it much, and from flat to full takes about 15 mins charging … on top of that it’s old as hell, but the battery STILL lasts as long as it did new.

Phone itself aint up to much compared to a smartphone, but it does what I want it to :slight_smile:

Unexpectedly, it can take a battering too … it hasn’t had an easy life :wink:

Hehe :slight_smile:

Anywho … back on track … well done Samsung.

I’m VERY interested in Tizen, it will be interesting to see if it still has legs with Android seemingly able to beat of legal challenges … I hope so, because I like to see alternatives (Win7 Phone excepted from that statement). :slight_smile:

You would think that with all this fancy-pants modern technology we could create a battery, whether for a phone or a laptop, that lasts more than 24 cycles of our Earth hours.

We can (supposedly) put a man on the moon, map the universe, build cameras which can see the dog poop in your garden from 30 000km up and yet we can’t make a brand new smart phone or laptop last more than a couple of days on a single charge.

Yes sir, indeed it was a Tocco. Like you say, those phones are just pure champs! Mine was dropped, stood on, flung at walls/metal reinforcement. Now I dare you to go do that with a Sony Xperia X10 XD. Mines didn’t have an easy life, but the touch pad responsiveness-thingy-ma-bob went, even though I changed the screen, it didn’t want to work. Probably a dead chip, or something.

Yeh … when are they going to go nuclear … aka. the HTC hand grenade

OOoo nuclear mobiles? What I great idea! I can just see all the glowing three eyed 10 year olds with their new HTC Cancer or iTumour phones. Ha ha

Glowing kids … a new form of tracking software ?

Has anyone tried building Tizen Larkspur from source and running it inn an emulator yet … I’d like to know more about it ?

No but I would be interested to see it as well. I’ve got nothing else to do this weekend…

If only compiling wasn’t so retarded…

Jeez BkS … me thinks you are missing the point, and fun.

At least we get the chance to compile something that isn’t finished, packaged, and usually commercial … not to mention compiling can allow you to tweak things :slight_smile:

Compiling = My worst nightmare.

:[

It stands to reason, that I, BkS, am officially a hater of compiling source code and at the request of my awesome dictatorship, you shall all bow before me, and compile for me. Then I will release the girls… complete with hotness of course. ;D