Partial Upgrade

I cant get to the bottom (in either page) as it’s endless and half is in English and half in what looks like Hebrew?
Sorted it, managed to catch it before it filled up with more rubbish. Dont know how it for changed as it’s something I’d never change and I wouldnt say it’s because Mrs pooky’s going blind as it was hard enough for me to do and I can see.

Hit the little cog icon top right of Facebook page then select “Account Settings” (second option from top) … and change the language setting (bottom option) in there.

I wouldn’t be able to do it from there as it’s all in that funny Hebrew? language…

Dont know how it for changed as it's something I'd never change and I wouldnt say it's because Mrs pooky's going blind as it was hard enough for me to do and I can see.

Sommat you’d have to take up with Fekbook :wink:

I wouldn’t be able to do it from there as it's all in that funny Hebrew? language...

Which is why I put which options.

I have just got the same thing pop up again… ‘Partial Upgrade’
(See screenshots)
Does anyone know exactly WHY there are ‘partial upgrades’ ? and WHY does it like to keep trying to remove Xscreensaver ans Audacity (but it wants to keep something to do with Audacity?)

If you look closely … it can’t find audacity-data (which is required by audacity) in the PPA.

Check the PPA:

and you’ll see it no longer contains audacity-data … don’t ask me why, ask them.

Your only option is probably to “ppa-purge” that PPA and either look for a different one, or go back to the default version of audacity … or accept the partial upgrade.

if you want to stick with your current version of audacity … but don’t want to keep getting warned … disable that PPA.

As it’s a “daily” PPA, there’s a good chance they’ll notice the error and put audacity-data back pretty soon … so I’d just wait.

Have you tried just clicking the “Check” button in Update Manager ?

Heck, I get 18 updates and NO partial Upgrade warning…
I’ll look into that Audacity PPA too…

If you use “daily” PPA’s it would be a good idea to always clck the “Check” button …

It’s my guess that UpdateManager was holding package info from yesterday … but there’s been a change in that daily PPA today … so it couldn’t find the package it was holding info for.

Clicking “Check” will update it’s package cache.