Problem with Openshot Help needed (SOLVED)

Hi Mark,
After some trouble with AV Linux, I am back here to report that all is well at the moment with Openshot.
I have been running it in a terminal this afternoon with no problem, there are various messages at start up but they don’t seem to be affecting the output.
When I shut the last session there was a couple of lines in a reddish/brown colour as follows

[ac3_fixed @ 0x7f532037b3e0] channel_layout not specified
[ac3_fixed @ 0x7f532037b3e0] No channel layout specified. The encoder will guess the layout, but it might be incorrect.

As I said the programme seems to be working ok but I will wait a couple of days before marking it solved.

Maybe a little ahead of myself there, the programme stopped again with an error message

[ac3 @ 0x7f1ec800a520] frame sync error
[producer avformat] /home/don/project_info_for_USA/OCT_355-End _Folder/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB
audio decoding error -1052488119
on_tlbPlay_clicked called with self.GtkToolButton
[mpeg2video @ 0x7f1ec80090e0] ac-tex damaged at 38 30
The program ‘openshot’ received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was ‘RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)’.
(Details: serial 4191226 error_code 143 request_code 139 minor_code 6)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

The first line ‘frame sync error’ is the last of a long list.
I maybe doing something I shouldn’t ?

Dunno what to tell you … either -

a) Openshot is just too unstable (even n their own suggested distro)

or

b) there’s a problem with the file(s) you’re feeding it

My “guess” is a combination of the two, but it’s a guess … have you tried converting the files in another app before feeding them to Openshot ?

How did you get on with Kdenlive ?

Hi Mark,
I have used Openshot 2 days now without problem.
I have created quite a few video clips and some I have kept as single clips to use in an Impress document, these clips I have further enhanced by the use of WinFF to convert to WMV and MPEG-4 files.
As you suggest there is possibly a combination of things happening but as long as the results are ok I will keep using Openshot and will abandon any attempt at AV Linux.
I had a shot of kdenlive but don’t really need it as Openshot is working. Should I get rid of it ?
I will probably mark this thread solved tomorrow.
Thanks for your help (again)

Up to you if you wanna get rid of kdenlive … or are you asking how ?

I will leave it for the moment as it did work but I like Openshot (when it works) if thats ok :slight_smile: