Sending mail in evolution

Hi Again. Not been using Linux much as not confronted the QB problem properly yet. Just now trying to send mails and get the error “Welcome response error: Connection timed out”. What have I done wrong this time ??? ::slight_smile:

Mmm, sounds like either you’ve not got an outgoing mail server get up, OR more likely, you can’t contact your outgoing mail server.

I’d start with checking Internet connectivity, then your outgoing server settings, then see if you can contact the server with;

telnet <outgoing smtp server> 25

For example;

$ telnet mail1.linux.co.uk 25 Trying 217.146.95.141... Connected to mail1.linux.co.uk. Escape character is '^]'. 220 relay1.encryptec.net ESMTP Postfix (Encryptec) quit 221 2.0.0 Bye Connection closed by foreign host.

I got tired of playing with Evolution tried everything nothing worked . So i went to Thunderbird , no problems works like a charm . mabey its my mail server no recognizing the evolution with Linux. thanks just sharing a thought ::slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

See my comments re; Evilution here …
http://linuxforums.org.uk/ubuntu/help-with-creating-a-signature-with-a-_script_-in-evolution/msg7542/#msg7542