Unable to start up

Please help asap. Bought a linux based acer laptop online but unable to open it as it shows the screen (image attached ) and I am clueless what to do.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

What happens if you run:

startx

?

My suggestion would really be to ditch Linpus and install Peppermint 6 … Linpus sucks :wink:

Have you got access to another PC? … Windows or Linux ? … and either a blank CD/DVD or a 1GB or larger USB stick ?

************************************************** **** *The complete license terms can be found in the root directory.* *please type "less /GPL" and "less /COPYRIGHT" to view. * ************************************************** ****

This would suggest that it is waiting for your acceptance of GPL & COPYRIGHT and would not proceed without it.
You could try at the command prompt from [root@localhost /]#

less /GPL
less /COPYRIGHT

But as Mark suggested you would be better off with a newer distro.

@SeZo

I tried Linpus 9.2 a few years ago when I was pretty new to Linux and ran into the same thing and IIRC I tried checking license/copyright but to no avail … the lack of info on Google also suggests nobody else has discovered what to do next either.

For all we know there may be no DE at all.

@awadheshjha2907

I’m not saying don’t try SeZo’s suggestion … it was a while ago and my memory could be off :wink:

But in any case, there are Linpus 9.4 videos on youtube from 6 years ago so 9.2 is going to be even older than that, so my original statement stands … install something else :wink: