update of adobe flash Player

in os linux in browser of firefox, how to update the adobe flash Player, to version that Most advanced? like the browser of google chrome the version it’s Most advanced-of 19
Because in the browser of firefox the version of 11

You cannot update the Firefox flashplayer past version 11.202 … Adobe have stopped updating the Linux flashplayer beyond what they jokingly call “security fixes”

But you should also bear in mind that even though Google call their Pepperflash plugin version 19, it is in fact also based on the Adobe flashplayer version 11.202

so why in os linux in browser of firefox in play video via adobe flash Player there is not lags in the video, but in browser of google chrome, the video via adobe flash Player it’s with lags in the picture not in the sound audio?

Probably down to the hardware acceleration being enabled in Chrome/Chromium and not liking your graphics card … you could try disabling it in Chrome/Chromium settings > advanced

Personally I’d just go to youtube and chose to use the HTML5 viewer instead of the flashplayer … flash sucks, and needs to die … luckily it is :slight_smile:

Sorry, I got confused
this question is
so why in os linux in browser of google chrome in play video via adobe flash Player there is not lags in the video, but in browser of firefox, the video via adobe flash Player it’s with lags in the picture not in the sound audio?
i play the videos not only from web site of you tube. & in browser of firefox in player of html5, if i play the video in quality of 1080p, the video it’s with lags in the picture not in the sound audio.
& What alternative there is to adobe flash Player? & How exactly to install this ans to use this in os linux?

Their decision is still valid?
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2501956/linux/adobe-to-linux-users--get-chrome-or-forget-flash.html
so i install this

but still not solved this problem.
For example this video

this videos For me it with lags, so how to fix this peoblem me?

Probably still down to hardware acceleration.

What people need to understand is that Adobe make Flashplayer 11.2.202.548 for Linux and when there’s a so called security update for it those last three digits I’ve highlighted in red will change to a higher number.

All Google do is take the new version of the Adobe flashplayer and spin it into a PPAPI plugin for Chrome … they then call it “pepperflash” (a portmanteau of ppapi and flash) and increment their numbering by one

So the next time Adobe release a security fix, we’ll probably get
Adobe Flash 11.2.202.549
and
Pepperflash 20 <— but this will still be Adobe flashplayer 11.2.202.549 under its PPAPI skin

Don’t believe me ?, check out the Google Chrome EULA you have to accept just to download Chrome, you’ll discover you’re mainly accepting and agreeing to a licence from Adobe … it’s also the main reason Chrome isn’t open source like Chromium (though not the only reason, Chrome also contains a few proprietary plugins from other third parties), and the reason Google don’t release Pepperflash as a standalone product.

I’d still suggest you use HTML5 rather an flash but your call

“I’d still suggest you use HTML5 rather an flash but your call”
how to do that all videos will play wite html 5 player? in browser firefox? not only from website of you tube? & in the Best quality possible in free?

No. just on youtube

Go here:
https://www.youtube.com/html5
and click the blue button marked “Request the HTML5 player”

Now see if youtube videos play any better

Remember, you can always go back to that link and change back to the flashplayer (Default)

If you have any problems with certain content, we can add any missing codecs that are listed under the “What does this browser support?” heading.

Or you could just use Chrome when you’re playing video.

“If you have any problems with certain content, we can add any missing codecs that are listed under the “What does this browser support?” heading.”
What exactly does that mean?

& How can a Web site to adjust the flash player to the certain website?
like this player flash?
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
or this?

Forget gnash and lightspark … they’re rubbish

"If you have any problems with certain content, we can add any missing codecs that are listed under the "What does this browser support?" heading." What exactly does that mean?

Read the page:
https://www.youtube.com/html5
it’s self explanatory … the 6 boxes show you which components your browser supports and which need fixing
(any of the 6 boxes that are blue ticks are working … any that are not blue ticks need fixing)

in the websites not of you tube
what to do for that the videos will be without lags?

If it’s not lagging in Chrome … why not use Chrome :wink:

As a matter of interest, can you post the output from:

inxi -F

I like chrome & firefox.

rami@rami-System-Product-Name ~ $ inxi -F
System: Host: rami-System-Product-Name Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic i686 (32 bit)
Desktop: MATE 1.10.2 Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela
Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: P5QL-ASUS-SE version: Rev X.0x Bios: American Megatrends version: 0619 date: 02/02/2010
CPU: Dual core Pentium CPU E5400 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB flags: (lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 vmx)
Clock Speeds: 1: 1203.00 MHz 2: 1203.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA G96 [GeForce 9500 GT]
X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) Resolution: [email protected]
GLX Renderer: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Audio: Card-1: Creative Labs SB X-Fi driver: snd_ctxfi Sound: ALSA ver: k3.16.0-38-generic
Card-2: Intel 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
Network: Card-1: Techsan B2C2 FlexCopII DVB chip / Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card driver: b2c2_flexcop_pci
IF: N/A state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 90:e6:ba:8a:04:a1
Drives: HDD Total Size: 336.1GB (5.1% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: Hitachi_HDS72103 size: 320.1GB
2: USB id: /dev/sdb model: USB_Flash_Disk size: 16.0GB
Partition: ID: / size: 19G used: 15G (84%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 2.15GB used: 0.34GB (16%) fs: swap
RAID: No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 36.0C mobo: 46.0C gpu: 73C
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 634 sys-1: 0
Info: Processes: 162 Uptime: 13:35 Memory: 783.2/2019.0MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.17
rami@rami-System-Product-Name ~ $

Well I can see nothing wrong with your hardware spec, I’d expect that to be able to play youtube videos okay

You are using a little of your swap partition. maybe you should turn down the swappiness from 60 to 10

install gedit:

sudo apt-get install gedit

then open this file for editing:

sudo gedit /etc/sysctl.conf

and add these 2 lines at the bottom

## Added by rami
vm.swappiness = 10

SAVE the file and close gedit.

REBOOT

After rebooting, see if:

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

returns a value of 10

If it does … test flash.

The only other thing I’ve noticed is your system seems to be seeing your TV card as a network adapter … if you don’t use the TV card it might be worth removing it.

What is the difference between swap to swappiness?

test flash what?
good?

Swap is virtual memory … swappiness sets the point at which swap starts to be used … see the top answer here:
http://bfy.tw/2uYT

test flash what?

Test something that uses flash … such as youtube

good?

Huh ???

rami@rami-System-Product-Name ~ $ cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
rami@rami-System-Product-Name ~ $
so ?

I got confused
if my swap partition is a little, so why not to to increase the swappiness To complete what is lacking in my swap partition?

Swappiness is NOT a measure of the size of swap space … it’s the point at which swap starts to be utilised.

If you have swappiness set to 60, the kernel will start utilising swap when 60% or your RAM is still available (free)

If you have swappiness set to 10, the kernel will only start swapping pages out of RAM into swap when 90% or your RAM is already in use.

That’s a loose explanation, and it’s probably more complex than that, but it gives an indication how “swappiness” is weighted … for a deeper explanation, Google is your friend :wink:

So did it help ?

via linux os via browser od firefox mozilla version 42.0
via this video
still there is lags in this this video.

here also

it’s For example.