vidio

i am using ubuntu 10.10 is there a programme i can use to play my vidio clips on my memory card from my phone, i used to use quick time when i ran windows

OK, you need to add the medibuntu repository and keyring, and then install some stuff (codecs etc.)… open a terminal, and enter:

Adding the medibuntu repository and key

sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update

(that’s all one line, so best to copy and paste)

Once that command has finished run this command:

Installing the restricted codecs, extra players, etc.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras non-free-codecs libdvdcss2 flashplugin-nonfree gxine libxine1-ffmpeg vlc mplayer mencoder

(that’s all one line too, so best to copy and paste… also about 170mb needs to be downloaded and installed, so it will take a few minutes)

Now you should be able to play pretty much any video and audio file by just clicking on them… any problems, just play them in VLC (which you just installed too)