I’m searching for a Linux Support Engineer on behalf of one of the biggest IT recruiters in Sheffield.
This is a permanent role which will include night work on a shift basis.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Ensure all relevant information flow, as part of the escalation process to drive resolution of work streams for the business and customers
• Ensure support is provided to the Operations team when experiencing high workflows
• Understand content of workflows to best support customers and drive the satisfaction rates
• Mail & Web platform administration specific to fixing customer issues
• Domain hosting and administration - Monitoring of internal / external systems and services
• Complete relevant Change Controls where standard procedure is not documented or changes are to be made on live Systems
• Seek to develop in all areas managed within the team including Tickets, Opsview / Cacti monitoring and IT Support
• Look to assist in taking on any other work within the department including problems where the opportunity arises in order to assist in self development
• Identify personal and team training requirements and request this accordingly
• Be accountable, where possible, by using Workplace and Internal Communications for daily projects and designated platforms
• Own and maintain a designated platform and be responsible for day to day operations of the platform
Ideally you will have the following experience;
• Experience of Unix / Linux Systems Administration
• Experience with MySQL -Bash / Perl scripting skills
• Strong understanding of Internet technologies
• Excellent problem investigation / diagnostic skills
• Ideally you will also have some experience with Nagios / Cacti / Ops View / Net Ops (but this is not essential)
• Must be willing to work on a shift pattern which will include nights.
Please contact me either through PM or email with a copy of your latest CV if you wish to apply or to discuss the role further.