Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
About Riverbed Technology
Riverbed® is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world’s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed’s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
• Previous vendor support experience – desirable
• Knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment, knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies and SAN/NAS desirable
• Experience with Linux Kernel especially with IP Tables
• Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
• Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking (WCCP a big plus)
• Experience with Virtualization Platforms, VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V, desirable
• Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and Wireshark
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls, RAID
• Experience with UNIX/Linux, scripting is a plus.
• IT experience, knowledge in one of the technology sectors: - Application Architectures & Performance Management, Storage & Infrastructure Management or Network Infrastructure
• Cisco network certification (CCNA, CCNP) & Microsoft Certified Professional (MCITP, MCSA, MCSE) desirable or looking to future certify
• Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
• Keep customers/partners regularly informed of problem investigation, and resolution throughout support case lifecycle.
• Able to work from Wednesday to Saturday (Saturday home office)
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com and apply at https://international-riverbed.icims.com/jobs/3446/escalation-support-engineer/job?mode=view.